Monday, November 27, 2006

so yeah, this whole thing with Joe Muggs is getting ridiculous. I was told WHEN I WAS HIRED that I wouldn't be closing on school nights. They don't close 'til 11, last time I closed on a school night there was two of us and I didn't get home until after midnight. When I have to be up at 6:30 in the morning. Well, so far I've closed on 3 school nights. Sundays I don't mind so much, but the other two SUCKED. Saturday I mentioned to Jeremy (the cafe manager) that I would work this Wednesday, which I was scheduled for, but after that I didn't want to work any more school nights. He said okay. I look at the schedule yesterday and I'm scheduled to close on a Tuesday and a Thursday the second week in December. Okay. Leave a note in the book saying I can't work those days.

Today around 5:15 the phone rings. Pick it up, "hello?" "Yes, is Michelle there?" "This is her..." "This is so-and-so from Books A Million, and you were scheduled to come in at five today." "Uh, what?" "Jeremy said that he told you." "Um, no, he didn't, we even talked about scheduling on Saturday because I keep getting scheduled to work school nights even though when I was hired I was told that I wouldn't be." "Well, it looks like you were scheduled to work Tuesday and Thursday, and that got scratched out and moved to today and Wednesday." "Nobody told me about this..." "Well, can you come in and close or not?" "Um, no, I don't think so, I'm not trying to be a pain but I'm not supposed to be closing school nights and I closed last night"

And she got a bit huffy and said bye. Seriously, do they not get the fact that I live damn near 30 minutes away from there and that I have to get up at six thirty in the morning for school? It's not like I haven't explained it. I mean, the classes I'm taking don't require a whole lot of attention, (woohoo, stuck in that freakin' school for A PE CREDIT) but if I don't get enough sleep I'm tired and cranky all day, and I'm coming down with a cold which is probably due at least in part to lack of sleep.

So yeah, if they don't decide that I'm not a good worker or whatever, then I'm turning in my notice on Wednesday. Aside from all of the scheduling crap, I just really hate food service work. So maybe next time I'll go with another retail job. I can handle that. But this is just driving me insane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home