Thursday, February 28, 2008

the bigger update that the Alicia requested:

I like cosmetology school so far. The instructor is awesome and very nice, the assistant instructor kind of gets on my nerves, a lot of the people are pretty nice - they seemed snotty to us (us being the people who started this month) at first but I think it was just because we were all new. My hours for this month have pretty much sucked though, we've had a day off almost every week because of weather, one of the girls who started with us was gone after the first day for 2-3 days, so we waited on her, and then Salena was sick, and then Brittany was sick all last week. We've had bad luck. But regardless, I should be out on the floor cutting hair by the end of the second week in March. Kinda scary, huh?

I'm getting kind of frustrated with Target because they give me the hours, but between Friday and Sunday...so I don't really get a whole lot of time off in between school and work. I applied for a job for a barista position I found in the newspaper, which turned out to be for the Jive-In Java that's opening literally five minutes from my home. Starts at what I'm already making plus tips, and Sundays are off. I think I actually talked to the guy who'll be the manager of it when I went through the drive through last week, and he said I'd be hirable if I had less colors in my hair or they aren't as bright, and I just changed it last night to a dark purple in back and a reddish-wine-plum sorta color in front. HOPEFULLY that'll fly, 'cause I don't want to change my hair.

It was SO cute last night though, this girl came through with her mom - she's been through before, there was one time when her and her mom/brother came through when we had just closed, they were looking for a DVD as a reward for the girl(she had done really well on her reading for the day or something, I think) and I ended up calling someone to help them find it. The girl is probably between seven and nine and her little brother is three I'd guess? Their mom is really nice, they've all come through a time or two since then and I've said hi. Last night they came through in the line on my right, I was ringing up a customer and said hi to her, and she goes "I REMEMBER YOU!" and jumped out of the cart to give me a hug. I about died of cute overdose. Since it was so slow I talked to them for a while, her name is Mazi and her brother is Indiana. She's going to get her hair cut for Locks of Love and her mom said she'd try and come in once I got on the floor.

Things are going great with Matt(I do wish he had a day job instead of a night job though), Jake's habits still annoy me.

I'm really excited because Alex is getting married in November!! and Alicia and I are both the maids of honor. :) I'm also going to be a bridesmaid at Tammy's wedding in July, but I don't know what's going to happen with that because the dress is a little expensive for me right now.

There's a hair show at the end of the month and I'm excited! I'm going to save up some of my tax return and get a Chi (apparently they'll have ones with skulls on them there. WANT.) and some other stuff. I'm going to sign up to be a hair model, I dunno if they'll pick me though. I'm growing my hair out 'til then and if I don't end up doing that then I'm going to get it cut differently somehow. I need to change it, hah.

Humorous Pictures
Enter the ICHC online Poker Cats Contest!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home