Monday, October 09, 2006

I keep hearing people arguing against things by saying it's not natural.

What is today? Are cars natural? Is plastic natural? Is pumping our bodies full of McDonald's and steroids and preservatives and hormones put into our food before it's even dead natural? And then after all of that, our bodies look like crap, so we pump them full of collagen and silicone and more plastic to make us look like we're 25 when we're 50. And people want to argue against gays because they're not natural. We're so distanced from nature any more, almost all of us, that we don't even know what to do with ourselves any more, our thoughts or feelings or anything, there's no room for individuals or ME in this world of "buy this so you'll be like everyone else". This coming from a salesperson. What a hypocrite.

A 13 year old brought an AK-47 to a school 30 minutes from where I live. At most. 10 minutes from where I work. Thirteen years old. There's been gods-know-how many shootings in the last month. A girl had to say "please, shoot me and let the other ones loose." Nobody should ever say that. Not least a thirteen year old girl. What is the world coming to? 13 year old would-be-murderers? Twelve year old anorexics? Rapes and assualt and beatings. Child abuse, animal abuse. Hate crimes. Why?

It's not because of godlessness. Hell no, our country has more gods that it can handle. Starbucks. GAP. Abercrombie and Fitch. Hollister. Fast-food restaurants. So many things that make it a whole lot easier to just buy buy buy. I don't even know if this has anything to do with anything but it bothers me so it's going in here. People pay $30 for a shitty shirt made out of cheap material by 5 year olds in a third world country. And it's hard to avoid stuff like that any more.

It kind of worries me. There's this kid at school who, yes, is annoying as hell, and pretty weird too. People are rude to him. That doesn't bother me so much, it's a fact of life. Then I heard someone tell me today that these guys beat the crap out of him on a regular basis. He doesn't deserve that, no matter how obnoxious he is. Mean I can handle. Outright cruelty? Why? What drives people to do that?! Is your life really so awful that humiliating and hurting someone else will make it better? This from supposed Christians. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Let he without sin cast the first stone.

An it harm none, do what you will.

What could make someone be so empty inside that they'd want to make someone else feel less than human?

Everything we say affects someone else. Everything we do. The only things that don't are our thoughts and that affects the way we act so that does as well. Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.

I can't help but wonder, if I saw someone being cruel to someone else, if I would try to the best of my ability to stop it. Am I that good of a person? I can only hope.

Are you?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that, all of it...

7:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the weird kid brings a gun to school who will he shoot first? Then everyone will want to know WHY?

5:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home