Saturday, February 25, 2006

Ick. Gwen Stefani is all sold-out and skanked up, and it's scary. Something that nobody should ever have to witness is their little sister singing along with a song that says "do me real hard" and something about do me fast in a car. That memory will remain with me for life, and not in a good way.

Anyways, recap of recent events, starting with Wednesday:

AQT practice in the morning, nothing unusual. We had a speaker that was pretty cool - much better than I thought he'd be. I personally thought there were a few small flaws in his philosophy, but it's a good message either way, and an honorable goal. More patience than I'd have. Plus I like hugging people so the whole 16 hugs a day bit is good.

Thursday, school was as per usual, and after school I went to a fancy schmancy event with Jessica. She has a cousin that's a famous photographer type. We went to this thing that was a string quartet, that lasted TWO FREAKIN' HOURS, cost $10 to go to, and was sooooooo boring. The 20 minute part that was inspired by her cousin's photo was interesting, but the rest...holy crap I have never been so bored in my life. And then her asinine uncle got all pissed at us because we were texting. Texting, people, c'mon! Our phones were making no noises, the only indication that we weren't listening was that we were looking at our seats. Jessica even had some old lady that she didn't know whack her on the shoulder with a pamphlet. And old people complain about our manners...I missed Mr. Turner's book signing, I hope it went well though.

Friday was our celebration of Alicia's birthday, via going to Springfield. It was interesting - the mall there is biggish, and the Spencer's has room to breathe in, which is a very refreshing change. They had a shower display there that was a little teensy shower. It looked like an Oompa-Loompa shower, and it had wheels. (yes, this is going somewhere) These people came in and moved it, there was a HUGE amount of dust-bunnies underneath it, and four of those things that you can use to pull out a thick-strap thing and make an enclosure with were standing roughly around it. First Casey made an enclosure around the dust bunnies. We said it was a cage. (this was while Alicia and Lydia were off doing something, he, Jessica, and I had to find some way to amuse ourselves...) Then he got the brilliant idea to pull over this HUGE potted tree...probably 5'-6' tall inside the pot, and the pot added another 2'-3' to it, it was about that wide too...and put it in the enclosure. We warned passing strangers to the dangers of the man-eating tree. I used a piece of steno-notebook paper to make a ghetto little sign that said "Killer Man-Eating Tree (that's why there's a cage around it) Stay back for your own safety!" and had a little drawing of a tree with an angry-looking face that had a stick-figure sticking out of its mouth. It was highly amusing, and pictures were taken(that will probably be posted at some point). I just wish we would've been there when the security guards found it. I also found the second Stitch 'N Bitch book for $7 at some bookstore.

After we got home, I went and got LeAnn, and she spent the night. We amused ourselves well enough, between the internet, talking, and the internet. It's refreshing to just lay around and talk instead of running all over once in a while (though I'm usually a fan of the going places doing things type of sociality...which is a word now whether it was before or not...). She left around noon today, I didn't do anything, and went into Joplin w/my mom and sister, Ashley went to the movies, and mom and I messed around in town until the movie was over. I got a new crochet hook at Michael's(I think part of the reason that I'm having a hard time is because the other one I have is shorter and wider...also I had a 40% off coupon and had to use it on SOMETHING), and the first Stitch 'N Bitch book at BAM. Casey has some cute coworkers, too...

So, you're all recapped. Think I'm going to bed now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

...yes...all the better for me :P

9:46 AM

 
Blogger fatwonkkid said...

Oh come on, you can't possibly tell me that if the Ramones were still together (and all alive) today, that their set list wouldn't go from "Sheena is a Punk Rocker" into a cover of Hollaback Girl????

You are NUTS....

5:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home