Monday, February 27, 2006

Wow. I just found an article somewhere, while hitting one of my regular sites, about Class B Dealers, or something similar to that. That's the fancy-schmancy name for the people who respond to "free to a good home" ads by taking the animals and selling them to labs where they're going to either be in pain, die, or both, or doing the same thing with animals from shelters, which they can get for $10 because of their status. Apparently this happens a lot to strays - i.e. animals that might have been someone's family. Whether they have tags on them or not. I just...I know sometimes animal testing leads to good things. My cousin was saved by cancer treatments that probably had animal testing somewhere along the line. But so often it's for ridiculous stuff - makeup? Like anything needs to die for that. Or shampoo, or whatever. And I know it probably doesn't make sense in the logical sort of way, but I wouldn't want someone to take one of our dogs; even if it was for a medical lab or a vet. school or whatever. It was pretty upsetting when our dog got hit by a car, let alone knowing that he's lost and with people he doesn't know hurting him? For what, some spoiled brat's facepaint? So someone can get a degree to save animals by killing some to cut up? I don't understand, because I'm sure a lot of people think it's okay if it's a dog or cat, so long as it's not THEIR dog or cat. But that makes about as much sense as saying that one person's life is worth more than another's, just because you know them. Somebody else knows that other person. The lost animals don't deserve to get hurt just because nobody loves them any more than lost people deserve that. They're still alive, sentient. I don't even know where I'm going with this. I just don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home