Sunday, May 14, 2006

Fast food etiquette:

(yes, there is such a thing)

1. LOOK AT YOUR RECEIPT. Do not bitch at me if you get the wrong food when I gave you your receipt 10 minutes ago and you said nothing.

2. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR TRAY ON YOUR TABLE. Especially with all that crap on top of it. Or trash all over your table. I'm not a waitress so unless you're going to leave me a tip don't expect me to clean up after you.

3. If the cooks mess something up, it's not my fault. Not that hard to figure out. I'll try and help you out as much as I can, but it is NOT my fault if I put no peppers on the slip and they didn't do it.

4. Do not talk to me like I am stupid. At the risk of sounding arrogant, there is a good chance I'm smarter than you are, and the fact that I'm working at a fast-food restaurant does not change that. You are not superior. *#$% off.

5. Do not try to tell me what comes on the sandwiches. I work here ffs. Or, don't demand a sandwich we don't have. Please, look at the expletive menu.

ahem. yes. people annoy me and are extremely eccentric. On a brighter side, we get out on Thursday. YEEEEEESSSSSS.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To enjoy your work, you need to find a job where you don't have to deal with any people whatsoever. Good luck on that.

4:08 PM

 
Blogger fatwonkkid said...

and if all else fails, special sauce on their sammich will probably make you feel better

7:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the special alfredo sauce at Olive Garden... Mmm, Herpes.

9:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the real world, honey .... and now an unsolicited word of advice -- change your attitude. You may be smart, but don't anoint yourself the smartest person in southwest Missouri. Take the time to learn from those around you, even if it is in the food service industry. People who have been doing their jobs -- no matter what they may be -- are those you should listen to and learn from.

10:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea...who know more about life than a 47 year old janitor for wal-mart?

... sorry, respect is earned, not given.

my $0.02

3:50 PM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

I didn't say I was the smartest person in southwest Missouri. And I was complaining about customers, not coworkers, so yeah...not much learning going on, just lots of people treating me like I'm stupid when they know absolutely nothing about me and the cooks screwed up on their order. So, in short measures, screw off, honey.

(brought to you by a cranky vegan who's had it up to here *waves hand a foot above head* with patronizing people)

3:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

indeed.... most spoilded brats hang out at the local burger joint sellin' fried potato products and gristle on a bun. :P


lotta words describe vegan...but "typical" is one of the exceptions.

10:14 PM

 
Blogger David said...

Once I stayed in a motel in Springfield, and for that night, I was the smartest person in Southwestern Missouri.

6:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home