Friday, June 02, 2006

So, I had something in mind, and by the time this stupid page loaded, I'd forgotten it. Oh well.

Yeah. So one of our dogs died last night. I didn't even know why he was inside - in the same place we had the dog whose leg was broken (more on that in a second) - and when I went back there, he was breathing all heavy, I just left him alone and didn't even think anything of it. And then I went back again some thirty minutes later because Delilah (other dog) was howling. He wasn't moving, so I yelled, and still no response. I opened the x-pen and shook him and yeah he had already started to stiffen up...it seriously freaked me out. I dunno why it shook me up quite so bad, it's just so jarring because a little while ago he was fine. Not fine, I didn't know he wasn't fine, but he was alive and there, and suddenly, whatever it is that makes us us, a soul or spark or random firing electricity or what-have-you, whatever, was gone and there was just a body left. It's disturbing. All of this happening when I was home alone probably didn't help.

The other dog, Delilah, Jessica accidentally hit her last week. Not a serious injury, just a broken leg, and Jessica was about hysterical about it because she felt so bad. It turns out that that probably saved her life...for the first three or so days afterwards, she wouldn't eat, and we thought it was because she'd been hit. Chompers, the dog that died (yeah my little brother named him), and Oz, another one of our dogs, were acting funny starting a few days ago. Turns out she was sick and we just didn't realize it, and she lived because we were paying such close attention. Oz has the same thing, and I was freaking out last night because I couldn't find him after Chompers died...we did find him, and he's doing better. I think.

In other news, I saw a few different people on LJ doing something called '101 things in 1001 days', basically a list of things you're supposed to do within 1001 days. Which is like, a little over three years. Well, I figured my attention span is way too freakin' short for that and that by the time I got to the end of three years, my personal goals would probably change. So, I did 10 things to do in 101 days. That's 6/4/06 to 9/13/06. If I get all of these done, maybe I'll consider doing the longer one.

1. (private)
2. (private)
3. Do yoga at least three times a week.
4. Otherwise exercise twice a week.
5. Get a job! And work at least 20 hours a week
6. Meditate every day for at least 20 minutes.
7. Read, all the way through, at least two of the nonfiction books I have but haven't read yet. Also, read all of the books I'll be ordering next week.
8. Make blog posts at least once a week, on both blogs.
9. Brush up on my ancient Egyptian/work on basic Latin.
10. Make at least 10 original items of clothing. (that one might be iffy - it's the original part that's going to be hard haha)



haha.

And now for slightly less mindless than usual quizzes:

I have issues with...
patience
society
domination
love
excess
Take Word Association Test


(I liked that one - it's interesting. and actually relatively accurate...)

Personality Disorder Test Results
Paranoid |||||||||||||||| 62%
Schizoid |||||||||||| 46%
Schizotypal |||||||||||||||| 70%
Antisocial |||||||||||||||| 66%
Borderline |||||| 22%
Histrionic |||||||||||||| 58%
Narcissistic |||||||||||| 50%
Avoidant |||||||||| 34%
Dependent |||||| 30%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||||| 46%
Take Free Personality Disorder Test
personality tests by similarminds.com


From the website: Author Note:I don't think Schizoid personality is a valid disorder, some of the smartest people in history were schizoid because they occupied a remote end of the intelligence bell curve. Schizotypal personality can encompass highly original thinkers as well as totally insane people so I think it's a flawed type. I think the remaining eight disorders are generally valid.

Since I always test high for schizotypal, yeah let's go with that. I'm not ke-razy, I swear...

Advanced Global Personality Test Results
Extraversion |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Stability |||||| 26%
Orderliness |||||||||| 36%
Accommodation |||||||||||| 43%
Interdependence |||||||||||| 43%
Intellectual |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Mystical |||||||||||||||| 70%
Artistic |||||||||||||||| 70%
Religious |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Hedonism |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Materialism |||||| 30%
Narcissism |||||||||||| 50%
Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 63%
Work ethic |||||| 30%
Self absorbed |||||||||||||| 56%
Conflict seeking |||||||||||||||||||| 83%
Need to dominate |||||||||||||||| 63%
Romantic |||||||||||| 43%
Avoidant |||||||||||| 50%
Anti-authority |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Wealth |||||| 23%
Dependency |||||||||| 36%
Change averse |||||||||||| 43%
Cautiousness |||||||||||||||| 70%
Individuality |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Sexuality |||||||||||||| 56%
Peter pan complex |||||||||||| 43%
Physical security |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Physical Fitness |||||||||||||| 57%
Histrionic |||||||||||||||| 63%
Paranoia |||||||||||||||| 63%
Vanity |||||||||||||||| 70%
Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||| 70%
Female cliche |||||||||||||||| 70%
Take Free Advanced Global Personality Test
personality tests by similarminds.com

1 Comments:

Blogger le said...

Sorry, Michelle. Hope the weekend goes better for you. The ten goals thing sounds neat. Somehow I don't see you having a problem with the ten items of original clothing.

12:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home