Wednesday, July 11, 2007

yes, I know, shocking! a post!

I'm not sure why it's been so long, I know at least part of it is because a while ago our modem stopped working for a week and I was using my laptop, which didn't have my password on it for blogger (since I am a dork, and mostly depend on my computer knowing the passwords to my accounts to get in to them).

Last Thursday and Friday was SOAR, my orientation for MSU...it was alright. I was expecting the worst after hearing Alicia's stories, and maybe it was just because she was with the socially-retarded honors students (haha, just kidding!) or something, but I met quite a few people. I got the myspace of a few. My schedule...I'm not sure if I'm going to mess with it or not. On Monday, I'm in class from like, one to eight, Tuesday and Thursday, 2-8 or thereabouts, and Wednesday from like...1-4 or something. I have Fridays off (which is definitely something I want to keep). My schedule doesn't leave a whole lotta room open for a job, but it (my schedule, that is) would kind of suck anyways because I have to take a class from 4-8 for my major on Monday, and Tuesday and Thursday had the only Art 100 class left...so at least they're all lumped together instead of spread out throughout the day. I might see if I can scooch the Wednesday classes up some to make them earlier and have more of the afternoon free for work. I got a tip from someone about a coffee-house that wouldn't have a problem with blue hair (oh yes, more on the hair later), and another shop or two I can apply at. I'll probably call Heath later for more ideas, even if I'm getting reaaaaally sick of filling out applications...

I had a damn good weekend. Alex made an impromptu trip up here, getting here Thursday night and going home Monday morning. It was a lot of fun - Friday, they(being Alicia, Levi, and Alex) met me in Springfield after my orientation got over, and we ran around. Also got pizza that really, really sucked. It was probably just the style of pizza (St. Louis style?) but seriously...it was like cheese on crackers. ew. very thin brittle crust and hardly any sauce or cheese. Anyways...after the pizza, Alicia and Levi headed home, and me and Alex dawdled around a bit, went into this shop with hand-made incense and candles (and a very fluffy, very cute dog) and I got some stuff to smellify our apartment when we finally move in (on Sunday...ouch! *needs to start packing in a serious, serious fashion...as the madre keeps telling me). Speaking of which, I'm kind of pissed because our corner apartment that we were supposed to have was given to someone else. Even though we'd put a deposit on it. Why? probably because our move date was down a FULL TWO WEEKS later than we told her it would be (August 1st instead of July 15th). I don't know if our apartment lady (uhm...real estate agent?) is just a doofus or what, maybe it was just an honest mistake.

Anyways...Saturday we went to the creek with Jesse and Jerome, and it was a lot of fun. I didn't even get sunburned! (which is pretty amazing if I say so myself) and the drunken canoe-goers were HILARIOUS. Except that I kept being referred to as the 'girl with purple hair' by...floater-by, when it is very clearly blue. Sunday we just kind of hung out and I had my going away party at Journey's, which turned out to just be me, Amy, Stacy, and Heath watching Goonies and eating cake and popcorn. We stayed up late at the hotel watching movies (John Tucker Must Die and The Departed). JTMD was alright, funny but kind of dumb. although I wasn't really expecting intelligent comedy or anything. The Departed....oh my. SO LONG. It finally got over at almost three, and I was disappointed with the ending. Like, it was an okay movie, but I wouldn't have stayed up if I'd known everyone

(spoiler)

DIEEEEEED. Sheesh. And then Monday I had to get home early.

More on the hair: I dyed it...it was supposed to be streaked, it turned out to be most of the front half of my head. First it was a fuchsia color, then it faded to a hot pink...and then after my last day at Journey's I went to go do it blue, and tried to bleach it out...the pink didn't wanna bleach! It was still hot pink afterwards (although a lighter hot pink - it reminded me of pink lemonade with the bleach-blonde). I redyed it and I don't know if I just had bad luck with the dye (that I left on for THREE HOURS) or what, but it was a really REALLY light blue...it looked like cotton candy. Totally not what I wanted. I saw someone at the Cinna show who had dark blue hair and I asked her what she used (which turned out to be just this stuff called Splat from Walgreens) and used that...and voila, blue hair! (with purple on the side-bits) I think I'm going to finish using the bottle of dye to touch it up, and then redo it with a combination of Blue Mayhem (a bright neon blue, instead of a darker blue) and Fishbowl (a really bright turquoise). Of course, this assumes I'd have the money for that. *sigh* I'm getting it trimmed later today, finally. it's getting too long to spike up without looking like einstein.

Last night we went to go see HP at midnight...it was pretty cool. I wasn't actually that impressed with the movie itself - they left a LOT of stuff out, the visit with Neville's parents in the hospital(which would have made me cry like a baby), the interview with Rita and the Quibbler, and the double-way mirror with Sirius (I'm pretty sure they might have screwed themselves over on that one, because I think JKR either said or heavily implied that the mirror will be of some level of importance in book seven), quidditch - but it was a fun experience. I went with Coni, her boyfriend, Zach, and Zach's brother (who is OBNOXIOUS. I don't see how they can be related, because Zach is a nice guy and his brother is just like, an obnoxious twit). Spent roughly two hours in the movie theatre just SITTING. haha, and I saw Mr. Withers there!! I'm surprised he recognized me, honestly. I wish he had a blog or something to keep in touch with him with, he was one of my favorite teachers.

After the movie we went to Denny's, which was all good fun (and believe it or not, we saw a good three people we know, at 3:30 in the morning at Denny's...and we met this incredibly incredibly drunk dude who was a laugh riot). And then I came home, set my alarm to wake me up at noon...fell asleep and had weird restless dreams. I woke up and went to grab my cell phone to see what time it was, but it wasn't where I left it...I'm like "oh noooo, it's like one, and I'm going to be so late for my haircut! ack!"...yeah...it wasn't even 11 yet. whoops.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay my Michelle is back to blogging again. I'm glad your SOAR was better than mine... also keeping in mind that I *am* probably one of those socially retarded honors students... and I'm surprised that our schedules MATCH very nicely (afternoon classes with Fridays off)... the week was indeed Damn Good... I can't wait to see your hair that color... sounds awesome!

12:37 PM

 
Blogger Randy said...

I wish they had so many afternoon classes when I was in college. I hated having to get up at 5 a.m. and drive the covered wagon into Joplin.

10:24 PM

 
Blogger le said...

So, should we expect the next post sometime in August? It sounds like like your orientation went better than mine. I liked the smurf blue color. I don't think I know anyone other than you that could pull that color off.

3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home